Australia Day...
Is HOT
A top of 38 today.
So bleah.
And I worked.. On a public hol..
And just decided to spend my time indoors in the aircon playing trivial pursuit with my patient (aiyah.. give her (and me) a break lah.. it's a PH.. so. No physio!)*wicked grin*
And then watched The Castle, a movie as aussie as it can get.. its so corny and aussifed..
And its funny! and apparently the house they used belonged to one of the nurses who used to work where I'm working!
AND THEN watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, the 1975 film which picked up 5 oscars, including Best Picture. And it was good! Abit like Shawshank Redemption, but set in a mental institution.
Had a lovely picnic-ky style lunch which my patient's sis brought in the day before.. so.. we had wraps with cream cheese, rocket, capers and smoked trout..octopus thingies.. and vine-wrapped stuff and grapes,cherries and yoghurt for dessert.
And to top it all off, my patient’s partner came in to visit today, which meant I left an hour earlier (while still getting paid)*big grin*
Ah. I'll miss working there for abit.
The kitchen ladies are totally hilarious --this polish lady who gives me big fat kisses and is absolutely off her rocker. The things she calls her ex-husband.. unrepeatable and utterly amusing. Makes everyone crack up.
and another always offering me a cuppa.
And the nurses, absolutely gorgeous, some of them. And this particular one that demands a different password from me each time I come through the front doors
And because its Aussie day,
We've got the sausages and lamingtons at home
And watch the aussie open on telly
And bask indoors in total comfort =)