Kids and more kids!
ON my paediatrics placement now..
And due to a HUGE muck up at uni, they posted me last minute to somewhere near the dandenongs!
(when I happily thought I was gonna be at a sch a 20 min walk from home..)
I nearly hyperventilated and fainted when I heard… thinking of the travelling back and forth everyday.. 1 ½ hrs by train AND bus each way.. and the unreliable public transport..
Until.. a light went off in my head and I realised
JAN WORKS NEAR THERE!
And because we actually have diff centres in the area, I managed to negotiate a placement a 10 mintue walk away from where Jan works!
Woo HOO!!!
Thank God that everything just fell so nicely into place, when I was panicking on mon hearing the news…
Kids are just so cute.. and yeah.. I think I’ve really forgotten so many things that just bring a smile to my face when I see them.
Even though they’ve all got some form of disability.. be it Down Syndrome.. Cerebral Palsy.. or some sort of developmental delay..
On first glance, when u look at them.. playing,, they all seem so normal..
Love playing with them.. and their “normal” siblings..
Though all the nursery rhymes and songs are SO RUSTY in my head..
I couldn’t even remember last line of “row row row your boat”
And the little girl went “ Life is like a dream!”
Awww… the way she said it.. while looking at me like I was stupid.. haha…
And all SO PRETTY and CUTE
Got a kid with the crystal clear light blue eyes… and another with lightest blonde hair.. their HUGE eyes.. and long eyelashes.. omg.. I so want a kid that has those features.. haha..
I’ve always complained that asian babies don’t look as good in comparison.. though they ARE very cute too.. but then.. that’s a fact.
And their accents and mannerisms are just soooo different frm like.. Singapore babies.. just the way they are brought up and the things they say..
And when they just shove their way into your chest wanting a hug or pickup..
And dribble all over..
I’m like a childcare worker..
my coursemate and I have to hang out the laundry on the peg line..
And wipe the mess up after painting sessions..
I dunno which part of me is the physio yet.
Cause its just all play everyday.
Totally different from working with adults.It’s sorta strange and nice.